Sunday, February 9, 2014

Snuggly Folks

I had a lightbulb idea as I considered that our counselor was getting ready to move out of the country.  Though there is Skype and all, it won't be the same.  There is something in the energy that is created when we're all together.  Maybe that's why I had the idea of identifying couples we can be accountable to.  Hey, if King Arthur can have his Knights of the Roundtable, why can't Suzette and Robert have couples that comprise theirs.  In wise counsel there is safety.

We want to be around married couples who actually enjoy being married and go through difficulties with grace.  One of the most painful things is being around couples who complain about each other the whole time.  The constant drip of competitiveness for who's right makes me want to gnaw off my arm!!! 

We have identified four couples who we will be inviting to a dinner in the Spring.  It's not that there aren't more whom we admire, it's the fact that we aren't around them that much.  They have lives and connections with other people.  Nothing wrong with it.  I've learned to see those who not only respond when I reach out to them, but who initiate.   Those are the ones we'll be around more regularly.  Those are the folks who'll know us!  Besides, every couple isn't a good fit for every need.  Just as there are different friends who bring something unique to my life, there are married couples who might be great to go out with but who might not be available during difficult times in my marriage.

I love warm, snuggly folks and this group is the snuggliest!!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment